Thursday, April 2, 2015

Colors/Colores

There's a Mexican folk song called ''De colores'' that talks about how during springtime, everything is dressed so colorfully. As you know, I love color. It's probably one of my favorite things about painting... mixing and combining colors. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at it, haha. But I love it. So, in honor of spring, I painted something SUPER colorful, haha.
Check out my butterfly for example:

Hay una canción mexicana (creo que todos ya la conocemos) que se llama 'De colores' y me encanta. Habla de que todo se viste de colores en la primavera. Como ya saben, me fascina el color. Probablemente el color es lo que me gusta más en cuanto al arte. Me encanta mezclar y combinar los colores. Ahora, no significa que siempre lo hago bien, jaja, pero de todos modos me gusta. Así que ya estamos en la primavera, pinté algo super brillante :)
Con mucho gusto les presento mi mariposita:





And, my other recent adventure: ocean... hmm... not sure I love how this came out, but I think it's a good base to keep practicing and improving on color combinations and water. It's not quite as... colorful or bright, but I'm going to attempt it and see if I can get it there.


Y la otra obra que pinté recientamente es una obra del mar. Aunque no salió como quise, pienso que lo voy a practicar más. No es tan brillante como quisiera, pero voy a intentar de nuevo. Les dejo saber como sale ;)


Anyway, hope you are enjoying the beautiful springtime, and I'll keep you updated on what happens!
Bueno, espero que estén disfrutando mucho la primavera. ¡Les dejaré saber si pinto más cositas!


No comments:

Post a Comment